Monday, June 16, 2008

Summer Fun!

Today, armed only with a bathing suit and a swim diaper, Sam braved the wilds of the front yard and went swimming in the mouth of a gigantic frog. At first he wasn't too sure about the wisdom of actually climbing into a frog's open mouth. He certainly didn't want to become Mr. Frog's lunch. But his big sister and protector, Sara, demonstrated that it was perfectly safe. After all this frog didn't even have a long sticky tongue! However he does have a spout in the front that sprays water into the air. FYI to big sister, don't turn on the water feature just as skittish little brother stands above it and looks down. The result was Sam got an eyeful and mouthful of water. But it all worked out in the end. After a few minutes of terrified crying we were able to convince Sam that the frog was not evil and did not intentionally spit in his eyes and mouth. After that it was smooth sailing, just check out the pictures! Even though Sam made freinds with Mr. Frog, we were not able to convince him to come anywhere near Tiki Tiki Tembo who spouts water like a geyser every few seconds. I got soaking wet and ended up being the only contestant in a one woman wet t-shirt contest but Sam never even felt a drop of the falling water. I've included a picture of Tiki named after one of my favorite children's book characters( Tiki Tiki Tembo No Sa Rembo Chari Bari Ruchi Pip Peri Pembo) I really like him but he does look a little crazy in the photo. We also played with bubbles today. I have appointed myself queen of the bubbles because I have never made such huge bubbles before. Of course I was so pleased with myself that I made bubbles long after Sam had lost interest in them. I bragged about how big they were to my friend Bethany. So, I am putting up a picture for her, to prove that I am indeed queen of the bubbles. There's just no arguing that sometimes size does mattter! Until next time, Traci






1 comment:

The LaVecchia's said...

All hail queen of the bubbles! Those are the biggest bubbles I have ever seen! Now I understand you're enjoyment with them. I have to agree with Sam, Tiki Tembo is freaky. Sam's getting so big!