Wednesday, April 8, 2009


I wish that I were Geena Davis. Not the Geena Davis in Thelma and Louise but the Geena Davis in Stuart Little. That Geena Davis is stylish and wise. She is calm, cool, and collected. She is pleasant even when she is obsessing about her children. She never even breaks a sweat when she saves her son, Stuart, from sure death after he accidently gets tossed in the washer with the laundry. She never looks tired or mussed at the end of the day. After preparing a perfect dinner, she simply dons her apron and rubber gloves and washes the dishes looking as stylish as ever. I love the her sweater sets, pearls, and skirts. I love the way that her mega diamond ring and single strand of pearls are the perfect accessories for any outfit. But most of all I love the kind way that she speaks to her family. How does she do it? I know the script helps but there has got to be hope for the rest of us who don't have writers on staff. I guess for me, it's just a matter of doing the best I can and embracing the chaos that is my life. I might never wear sweater sets and pearls to do the dishes but maybe I wouldn't like it anyway. I am a creature of comfort and for me, t-shirts and pajama pants will just have to do. But I am going to try harder to speak to my family in a Geena Davis/Stuart Little kind of way. And at the end of the day that is what matters most anyway!

2 comments:

Jenne said...

But if you become Geena Davis, than what will happen to those of us who need Traci Wood just as she is?!

Unknown said...

Hi, I was researching about dauphin island ghosts for a story I am writing for my kids, and I ran across your blog -- coincidentally, I live in Hoover and thought I would say hello. On an unrelated note, my company, Big Art Blessings, (we showcase children's artwork), has launched a project called Doodles for Dolphins, to raise money for the rescue efforts at the gulf... we DO NOT take money, but we are asking kids to donate one piece of artwork of their favorite gulf coast animal, and we are creating wall collages that will be auctioned off with 100% of the profit going to the efforts... anyway, seeing your pics, dauphin island stories, etc, I thought you might be interested... please visit our website, a work in progress! www.doodlesfordolphins.com. Loved reading your blog! Donna Arcara, Hoover